Last Updated on
Constipation is an incredibly common problem in the world. Almost 20% of the population in the United States is affected by this gastrointestinal problem. The cause of chronic constipation is often unknown. Bowel movements are different for everyone. The normal range of bowel movement is 3 times per week to 3 times per day. If you poop less than thrice a week then you are considered to have constipation. Wondering what makes you poop instantly?
Many people turn to OTC medications to treat chronic constipation. These solutions soften your stools but can bring in side effects over the period of time. The side effects include:
- Stomach cramps
- Bloating and gas
- Other gut problems
Our lifestyle, diet, mental or physical illness affects the ability to poop regularly. The discomfort can be easily relieved by a few lifestyle modifications and some natural remedies. You can try these natural remedies from the comfort of your home and see the effect yourself.
Laxatives can be used to get relief from constipation. Our post tells you what makes you poop instantly and remember these are natural alternatives to medications. So there is no need to reach out to the medicine cabinet!
- 1 What Makes You Poop Instantly?
- 2 Quick And Natural Ways To Make Yourself Poop
- 3 Foods That Make You Poop Immediately
- 4 Frequently Asked Question
What Makes You Poop Instantly?
Here’s a list of natural remedies to relieve constipation. From exercising to taking herbs, these are few best ways to encourage a bowel movement.
Quick And Natural Ways To Make Yourself Poop
Keep Yourself Hydrated
Dehydration can result in constipation and this may become a regular issue. To prevent this situation it is essential to drink enough fluids and stay hydrated.
Studies show that sparkling water can be more effective in treating constipation. Drinking lukewarm water every morning can also make you poop instantly. However, you should avoid aerated drinks (they’re a bad choice).
Do Some Physical Activity
Exercise is known to stimulate the digestion process because as you move around, your body tends to push down the stools through the gut. Taking a 15-20 minute brisk walk or jog may encourage a bowel movement.
Focus On Relaxation And Posture
If you’re finding it difficult to poop, don’t force bowel movements. This practice can be unhealthy. Take time and try to relax to make the process easier.
Raising your knees above the hips can make it easier to poop. Using Indian style toilets may be helpful (as they give you the correct posture required).
Eat More Fiber
An average adult doesn’t meet the daily requirement of fiber from the diet. It’s crucial to add a proper portion of fibrous food to improve digestion and help you be regular. Soluble fiber soaks up moisture in the food and slows the digestion process. Insoluble fiber adds bulk to your gut waste and relieves constipation. You must drink plenty of fluids to push the stool through.
Good sources of soluble fiber –
- flax seed
Good sources of insoluble fiber –
- fruit peels
- dark leafy vegetables
- nuts and seeds
Take Senna – Herbal Laxative
Senna is the most common natural laxative used to relieve constipation. It can be taken orally or rectally. The plant glycosides in the plant help to stimulate peristalsis and that’s what makes you poop instantly.
Caution: Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Indulge In Probiotics
People with constipation have an imbalance of microbes in their gut. Probiotics provide healthy bacteria to your system and help prevent constipation. Eating probiotic food like yogurt, kimchi, and sauerkraut (containing live bacteria) can be helpful.
You may alternatively opt for probiotic supplements available at the drugstore.
Try Avoiding Dairy
Lactose intolerant adults and children might experience constipation on the consumption of dairy products. Consider removing such products from your diet temporarily and check if it improves the symptoms.
Note: Make sure to substitute the dairy with other calcium-rich foods.
Try Colonic Massage
Massaging the colon might help stimulate the bowel movements. So give it a try. Here’s how you can do it.
Foods That Make You Poop Immediately
Do apples cause constipation or speed up bowels?
What to eat to relieve constipation?
These types of question flash up every time we face difficulty to poop. Here are some foods that can help ease digestion. Check them out.
- Aloe Vera Juice – Acts as a natural laxative. This is one of the best drinks if you’re wondering what makes you poop instantly.
- Apples – Apples have ample fiber.
- Almonds – Loaded with healthy fats, proteins, fiber, and magnesium which help relieve constipation.
- Avocados – Magnesium-rich fruit that attracts water to soften stool.
- Beans – Contains resistant starch that helps improve bowel movement.
- Cereal – High fiber-containing cereals for breakfast can trigger a bowel movement.
- Coffee – Caffeinated coffee is likely to relieve constipation. Drinking a cup of coffee can help you poop.
- Flaxseed – Powdered flaxseeds added in smoothies, salads, or cereals boost fiber in your gut.
- Kefir – Contains probiotics that ease constipation.
- Kiwi – Fiber-rich fruit.
- Oatmeal – The insoluble fiber in oats builds up bulk in the gut and helps you poop.
- Oranges – Contains a flavonol – naringenin – that works like a laxative.
- Popcorn – Plain popcorn is a fibrous substitute for chips.
- Prunes – Natural laxative with fiber and sorbitol.
- Raspberries – Contains double the fiber that strawberries do.
- Rhubarb – Known to have natural laxative properties that encourage regularity.
- Spinach – Rich in fiber and magnesium thus helps the colon contract and flush things out.
- Wheat bran – Outer layer of a wheat kernel is abundant in fiber which helps you poop.
Being unable to poop is frustrating, isn’t it? Is what makes you poop instantly is still your question? Hope it’s not!
A few dietary and lifestyle changes can help you put an end to constipation.
If the problem still persists then you should consult your doctor to identify the underlying cause and find an effective treatment for constipation.
Frequently Asked Question
Apples. Apples are a good source of fiber. Some other fruits are which can help in pooping immediately are
Kiwi fruit, Flaxseeds, Pears, Beans, Bananas.
There are two ways to clean the colon. One method involves taking bowel-clearing purgative, powders or supplements; or drinking herbal teas release colon waste and discharge toxins.
Mostly around 50 % of people cannot digest lactose properly .People who are lactose intolerant experience symptoms such as bloating, stomach cramps soon after consuming dairy. This means lactose can trigger the urge to poop in these kind of people
She is pharmacist by education and working in field of medical content development for more than 8 years. She has execllent hold on medical content research and development and has produce valuable data for various pharmaceutical companies.