Superfoods trend is ruling the world for good reasons. The old axiom goes,
- Superfoods For Glowing Skin
“Beauty Starts From Within”
In case of your skin, this phrase stands true. This is one of the reasons you must include these superfoods for glowing skin in your meals. What we eat directly affects our skin. A healthy diet rich in vitamins, antioxidants, collagen, essential amino acids, and healthy fats means a lot to your skin. Here are some superfoods loaded with nutrients that benefit your skin and reduce aging signs.
Let’s take a look below.
Superfoods For Glowing Skin
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil contains lauric acid and medium chain triglycerides that have amazing anti-aging benefits. Thus, coconut oil is believed to be the best remedy for treating acne. It also possesses antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal action.
How to use coconut oil:
- Apply coconut oil while you step out of the home; it will protect you from the sun damage.
- Add coconut oil in your recipes or use it for frying or baking. Its health quotient will prove beneficial for you.
- Get rid for stretch marks by applying this oil to the affected area.
- Use it as a carrier oil with essential oils in aromatherapy.
Health benefits of honey are known since ancient times. It is used as food and medicine because of its excellent antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Health experts consider it as the liquid gold that savors your sweet tooth and heals the body. The antioxidant compounds in honey fight free radical damage and reduce inflammation. It is an excellent natural remedy for all skin problems.
How to use honey:
- Add honey to any face mask and improve your complexion while hydrating the skin.
- A mix of honey and cinnamon powder treats acne and reduces blemishes.
- Drinking honey and lemon water reduce your weight too.
Berries are another source of antioxidants. This property makes them an essential factor for maintaining beautiful and radiant skin. It is one of the best superfoods for glowing skin. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, thus eating them helps to fight free radicals that damage the skin. Blueberries are known to show anti-aging effects thereby reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It contains plenty of vitamin A that regulates sebum production and clears acne-prone skin.
How to use blueberries:
- Add them to your ice-creams, yogurts, or smoothies.
- Eat them as is (they’re perfect options for mid-day snacks bowls).
4. Bone Broth
Bone broth is rich in collagen, essential amino acids, and minerals like calcium and magnesium. It is one of the must add superfoods for glowing skin in your diet. The collagen inside the bones is broken down into gelatin on cooking; this broth keeps the skin firm, elastic and smooth.
How to prepare bone broth:
- Shimmer bones with water and spices for 30 minutes. The resulting brew is a good source of collagen and has impressive anti-inflammatory properties too.
How to use the broth:
- Add it to curries or soups to make healthy meals.
Almonds contain high levels of vitamin E. Vitamin E helps to limit early signs of aging and prevents the skin from sun damage. It boosts collagen production and thus reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Get clean and beautiful skin with almonds. Include almonds in your diet to reduce dark circles under your eyes.
How to use the almonds:
- Almond meal can be used in face packs.
- Consume almond milk regularly.
- Add the nuts to various salads or munch them when hungry.
Avocados are great superfoods for glowing skin. They contain vitamin B-complex which has excellent anti-inflammatory properties. Avocados contain omega-9 fatty acids that keep skin firm, dewy and rejuvenate it inside out. The carotenoids fight free radical damage and maintain the elasticity of the skin. Avocados are a bonus for dry skin.
How to use the avocados:
- Mix the fresh avocado pulp with yogurt and rub on the skin for best results.
- Mash avocado and honey. Store in your fridge. This mask will brighten your skin tone.
- Mix it with olive oil, honey, and brown sugar to make a face scrub.
7. Bell Peppers (Capsicum)
The colorful bell peppers are concentrated with vitamin C. Vitamin C plays a crucial role in the repair and regeneration of healthy skin cells. Having bell peppers regularly boasts collagen production, helps reverse UV rays damage, and provides antioxidant protection.
Fun fact: One cup of chopped red bell pepper contains approximately three times more vitamin C than an orange.
How to use bell peppers:
- The best way is to add capsicum in your meal plan. Roast them or eat them raw, the choice is yours.
Fishes like tuna, salmon, sardines, etc. have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids work hard to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, making you look younger by a decade. This healthy fat protects you from sun damage and hydrates your skin.
How to use fishes:
- Grill them with olive or coconut oil and include in your meals.
- Make tasty salads and curries.
- You may use fish liver oil available in the market.
9. Green Tea
Green tea is the most popular beverage across the globe these days. With the increasing popularity and health benefits of green tea, herbal tea, white tea, etc. it is a must we include these in our diet. Green tea has powerful antioxidants that slow down skin aging. It boosts collagen production and hydrates the cell membranes.
How to use green tea:
- Drink 2-3 cups of green tea daily.
- Use homemade green tea skin toner.
- Make a facial cream using green tea leaves and yogurt to brighten your skin.
10. Sweet Potatoes
We all know leafy greens are perfect for improving skin and its appearance. Sweet Potato is a veggie that is one of the ideal superfoods for glowing skin. It’s low in carbs compared to potato and is abundant in vitamin A. Thus if you have oily, acne-prone skin sweet potatoes come to your rescue.
How to use sweet potatoes:
- Grate sweet potato and mix with honey. Apply this face mask to improve your complexion.
- Make potato ice cubes and rub them every day on your skin.
There are other foods like dark chocolate, tomato, broccoli, kale, etc. that you can add to your diet to get glowing skin. Superfoods for glowing skin is not all you need. One must remember to choose a healthy lifestyle and quit smoking and drinking to achieve better results.
Hope you have like the article. Share and comment below.
She is pharmacist by education and working in field of medical content development for more than 8 years. She has execllent hold on medical content research and development and has produce valuable data for various pharmaceutical companies.