Maybe you feel like a zombie before noon, or after lunch? Do you feel the urge to sneak off to your car for an afternoon nap? Keep reading to find some recipes of smoothies for boosting your energy levels.
Did you know that energizing smoothies can actually help you fight fatigue? Today I’m sharing some tips and energy boosting smoothie recipes to increase your vitality.
Why You Feel Tired
There are many reasons you might feel fatigued or lacking energy during the day. Here are some common issues:
You have a hormonal imbalance: such as a thyroid deficiency or adrenal fatigue. Both of these issues require a medical professional to diagnose, and a combination of natural medical interventions to treat.
You aren’t fueling properly: don’t put low-quality fuel in a luxury vehicle. Your body requires good nutrition to run properly. You can’t expect to eat garbage and feel like gold.
Your iron is low: this is especially likely if you are a woman, but men can experience low iron as well. If you struggle with low-energy for a long time, have your doctor check your level.
Habits to beware of: skipping sleep, smoking, drinking alcohol, overdoing coffee, and not taking adequate time to de-stress. Your body doesn’t want to be energized when you’re doing the things that are known to make it sicker.
Recipes Of Smoothies For Boosting Your Energy Levels
1. Banana, Mango, Avocado Smoothie
What better way to start eating healthier than with a green smoothie? This Banana Mango Avocado Green Smoothie is simple, creamy, and refreshing!
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup mango chunks, frozen
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Few drops of stevia extract or another sweetener (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, place all ingredients.
- Blend until smoothie.
- Pour into 1 large or 2 small cups.
2. Peach-Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie
Enjoy this very refreshing, tasty drink for breakfast or a snack. You can build from this recipe and modify it with different fruit such as strawberries or you can use low-fat soy milk or skim milk.
- 1 cup fortified, plain soy milk
- 1 fresh peach, skin left on (can substitute 2 canned halves – canned in own juice)
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
Blend ingredients together and serve.
3. Mango Strawberry Sweetheart Smoothie
This smoothie will entice you with mango, grapes, strawberries, and peaches while including various veggies, yogurt and chia seeds. Blend one up for yourself, your spouse or your children — all the sweethearts in your life deserve it.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup red grapes
- ¼ cup frozen sliced peaches
- ¼ cup kale
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup green tea (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until very smooth and well combined.
- Serve immediately.
4. Refreshing Peach-Orange Smoothie
Try this cool, easy-to-make, peach and orange smoothie. It has healthy doses of vitamin C to support your immune system while promoting healthy skin. Research also suggests that vitamin C can help reduce the risk of stroke, cancer, and cardiovascular disease. So drink up in good health!
- 2 cups light, no sugar added ice cream
- 2 large peaches, sliced (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
5. Sweet Banana Smoothie
This banana smoothie recipe includes low-fat dairy products and can be combined with canned soft fruits (such as peaches, pears or fresh, ripe bananas). They are hydrating and nutritious and provide calcium and protein. If you are lactose-intolerant (cannot drink milk or eat dairy products), a similar smoothie can be made using protein powder, fruit juice, sherbet, and ice cubes.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
6. Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
This vegan and gluten-free chocolate peanut butter smoothie is very creamy, thick, rich, and absolutely tasty. It is made with only five ingredients!
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and frozen into chunks
- 3/4 cup coconut milk from a carton
- 3 tbsp organic creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp agave to taste (optional – you also can add more or you don’t need to add any type of sweetener if you desire)
- Add the bananas, coconut milk, cocoa, peanut butter, and agave to taste.
- Blend well until smooth for about 30 seconds or so.
- Taste to adjust flavor and serve immediately.
7. Pineapple Green Smoothie
Try this nutrient-packed green smoothie with fresh cut pineapples, spinach, chia seeds, and coconut milk to kick off your day.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk from a carton (you can also use coconut water or even almond milk)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium ripe bananas, peeled and frozen into chunks
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree for about 30 seconds.
- Taste to adjust flavor and serve immediately.
Try these smoothies to have an energy filled day!
A feminist by thoughts. She would love to have discussions about anything. Always ready to take up new challenges that comes her way. With a Masters degree in Commerce, she is into blogging and is thoroughly enjoying it. As a foodie, she would love to taste various foods. She loves to watch food and travel shows.