Last Updated on
Who doesn’t wish to have a healthy, fit body? Every one of us wants to have a curvy, celebrity-like figure that impresses all. You might also be one amongst them that is the reason why you happen to be here. Many people have a misconception that to get a healthy and fit body, you need to stick to a strict diet and with no yummy food in it. But, we are going to prove all those people are wrong today as we are putting forth some of the yummy recipes of salads for weight loss that can help you in getting a slimmer version of you while your taste buds feel satisfied with enough flavors.
Salads are not everyone’s favorite and are in fact considered as one of the most boring delights ever. However, salads are full of healthy fruits, vegetables, nuts and low-fat salad dressings that help you stay fit and fine always. Some have a huge hatred towards salads. Some eat them forcefully as a part of their workout meal plan. One should clear their minds that salads are just raw veggies served in a plate for you to gobble along. Salads can really be interesting and exciting ways to lose weight faster.
Look at the brighter side of making salads – they are pretty easy and quick to make, they help you reduce belly fat and they can be very delicious snacks too. It has all the healthy ingredients in it which are good for your health. So, why not use them for your weight loss plan. That is why here we have put here some of the recipes of salads for weight loss.
Salads For Weight Loss – Delectable And Yummy!
Salad is a great way to experiment with your cooking skills. Don’t listen to people who say they are boring raw vegetables and fruits alone. Refer to some of our handpicked salads for weight loss below. You will definitely find a way to curb your hunger and satisfy your taste buds.
Wild Rice Salad
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Argula and spinach
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups chopped mangoes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- Fresh parsley
- Take juices from one orange, lemon, add 1/3 cup of olive oil, salt, pepper to taste, a bit of honey. Mix them all together and your dressing will be done.
- Now take all the remaining ingredients and toss them together.
- Now, pour the salad dressing that you prepared earlier over the veggie mixture. Mix them together.
- The salad is ready to serve, serve it fresh after it’s done to give the eaters a feast for their eyes as well.
French Bean Salad
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 3/4 cup white beans
- Diced cucumber pieces
- 1/2 onion finely minced
- Freshly chopped parsley about a handful
- Black pepper
- lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mustard sauce
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- salt to taste
- Parboil the eggs and dip them in ice cold water. Then break the shield and cut them into wedges.
- Now boil the green beans in a pot of water. Drop them in the ice water like you did the ice bath for the eggs earlier.
- Take a small salad bowl, add lemon juice, mustard sauce, minced onion, salt, and olive oil to it and mix them all together well. Your dressing is ready.
- In a large bowl mix the salad greens, half cut cherry tomatoes, and diced cucumber.
- Toss them in the dressing, and then add white beans, olives, and eggs.
- Lastly, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Tomato And Mozzarella Salad
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 kg mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of vinegar
- salt for taste
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into medium size segments.
- Add some basil leaves to your salad.
- Drizzle vinegar and olive oil over the slices and toss them lightly.
- Now plate them in a serving dish and sprinkle some salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving. This salad for weight loss tastes yummy when served chilled.
Super Power Raw Salad
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3-4 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped purple cabbage
- 3/4 cup dried berries
- 1/2 cup shelled raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- 2 green apples finely chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients – vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, and garlic powder – together and mix well.
- Take all the remaining ingredients – kale, purple cabbage, dried berries, sunflower seeds, sprouts, and chopped green apples – toss them together.
- Pour over the dressing and mix.
- Finally, add salt and pepper seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Autumn Glow Salad
- small kale chopped
- red cabbage thinly chopped
- butternut squash cubed
- persimmons chopped
- fresh orange zest
- garlic cloves a couple
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle some oil and season the butternut squash cubes with salt and pepper. Now oast then in an oven or a pan.
- Combine hemp seeds, tahini, cumin seeds, olive oil, vinegar, and maple syrup and blend them into a fine paste for your low-fat dressing.
- In a large bowl put kale, red cabbage, add the fine dressing paste and mix well.
- Later add the roasted squash, pomegranate persimmons and toss them slightly.
- Ready to serve.
Note if you wish to have a chicken salad then add small chicken chunks to the same recipes above. As we said earlier, salads are versatile preparations you can keep adding and removing ingredients until you get the correct taste that satiates you.
We hope you enjoyed these simple and easy to make recipes of salads for weight loss.
Do share with us your superfood salad recipes in the comment box below.
She is a pharmacist by education and working in the field of medical content development for more than 9 years. She has an excellent hold on medical content research and development and has produced valuable data for various pharmaceutical companies.