Do you eat healthy food? Have you heard about low carb lunch diet?
How often you fall prey to fast food?
Are your lunches packed with carbs and do they make you feel dizzy?
Then you must opt for a low carb lunch diet to fill you up without making you dull and tired.
The cookbooks are full of different types of diets and recipes to try. Beginning from the sugar-free category to low carb diets to keto diets, many have grabbed our attention these days.
There are many reasons why people go for a low carbohydrate diet – from lowering blood glucose levels to weight loss plans, and from reducing the risk of diabetes to feeling less bloated after meals.
Whatever might be your reason, Healthupshot brings three easy and spectacular low carb lunch ideas for you.
Here are some quick recipes for a low carb luncheon with your besties. Enjoy a healthy and hearty meal!
Healthy Low Carb Lunch Ideas
Mouth-Watering Low Carb Recipes For A Gourmet Experience-
Spaghetti Squash Noodles With Lime Peanut Sauce
This is an energetic delicious and low carb lunch inspiration for our readers. Enjoy your meals with a burst of flavor and zing right away. Here is the recipe:
Spaghetti Squash Noodles:
- 1 large spaghetti squash, scoop out the seeds and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 kale stalks, stems removed
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts (choose any of nuts of your preference)
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted, raw)
- chopped mint (you may use any herb of your choice – cilantro, thai basil, etc.)
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Lime Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and rough chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon sriracha (or any other hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 lime, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- extra virgin coconut oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the squash halves placing the cut side downwards on it. Bake for one hour or until the flesh pulls away in easy strands.
- Meanwhile, slice the kale leaves into 1/3 inch ribbons and place in a large mixing bowl. Cut the shallot into thin slices and set aside. Chop up the herbs and toasted nuts and keep aside.
- Now cut the broccoli into florets and steam cook for 3-4 minutes, or desired doneness.
- To prepare the sauce place all of the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth paste. Adjust the seasoning and set aside the sauce aside.
- Remove the baked squash from the oven and when it is cool enough to handle scrape the spaghetti strands out with the help of a fork into the large bowl containing sliced kale.
- Add the dressing into the bowl and season it with salt and pepper. Toss the squash and kale to cover it with the dressing.
- Add steamed broccoli, sliced shallots, sesame seeds, chopped nuts, chopped herbs and extra sauce in to the bowl. Toss all ingredients lightly.
- Enjoy your delicious low carb lunch!
Thai Chicken Salad
Are you looking for a nutritious and tasty salad recipe for your lunch? Here is an amazing and easy Thai salad recipe that will win your hearts. Do try it.
- 8 oz. purple cabbage
- 5 oz. canned or skewer chicken
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 scallion (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil (thai or regular)
- 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter (peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos, or tamari
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or extra virgin olive
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Take a large bowl and combine the chicken, cabbage, cucumber, scallion, and basil.
- In another bowl whisk together the all dressing ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad veggie mix.
- Toss well to coat evenly.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Avocado Egg
The prosciutto-wrapped avocado egg is a great low carb lunch idea you need for a healthy and nourishing meal. The recipe is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and proteins.
- 2 ripe, ready to eat avocados
- 6 prosciutto slices
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- tomato slices, for garnish
- cucumber slices, for garnish
- Add water to a pot and bring it to a simmer.
- Take a small bowl and line it with food-safe plastic wrap and grease with little olive oil. Crack an egg into the wrap and tie knot to secure the egg. Place the wrapped egg in the simmering water for about 3 minutes. Repeat the same procedure with other egg.
- Remove the poached eggs from the water and gently separate the eggs from the plastic wraps. Set them aside.
- Flatten the prosciutto slices with a back of a knife and set aside.
- Halve the avocado and remove its outer skin. Scoop out the center of the avocado so it and carefully put the poached egg inside and surround with both sides of the scooped avocado.
- Wrap the sealed avocado securely in prosciutto slices, two strips horizontally and one vertically. Repeat these steps for both the eggs.
- Fry the prosciutto-wrapped avocado in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy all over. Keep turning the avocado eggs frequently to fry evenly.
- Place the fried eggs on paper towel to drain excess oil before serving. Slice the avocado eggs and season with salt, pepper and chopped parsley. Serve hot with tomato and cucumber slices.
We hope you’ll love these simple and tempting low carb lunch ideas. Do try them in your kitchen and let us know which one of the above low carb lunch recipes is your favorite.
Do write in some of your signature low carb recipes in the comment box below.
She is a pharmacist by education and working in the field of medical content development for more than 9 years. She has an excellent hold on medical content research and development and has produced valuable data for various pharmaceutical companies.