Last Updated on
Cutting down on carbs in your diet doesn’t mean you have to starve or skimp on flavors. Balance your 300 calorie meals with chicken, fish, lean meat, whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables. High protein low carb meals under 300 calories recipes will keep you fuller for longer and help keep carbohydrates at bay.
Spice up your meals with some scrumptious low calorie low carb recipes for dinner (or lunch). These recipes are a perfect way to enjoy your favorite food without feeling guilty.
High Protein Low Carb Meals Under 300 Calories
You must definitely check out these low carb low calorie recipes. They are quick and super easy to make plus they taste delicious.
1. Zesty Shrimp Lettuce Wrap
The lettuce wraps are fresh and flavorsome. A zesty marinade, crisp veggies, and lean shrimp – they have got it all. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime juice to finish the dish. Precooked shrimps will make this low calorie recipe even quicker.
- 3/4 pound cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shaved or grated
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, finely ground
- salt to taste
- 12 to 24 large lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- Take a medium bowl and combine all ingredients except lettuce leaves together.
- Refrigerate the mixture until ready to serve.
- Spoon out 1/3 cup zesty shrimp salad into each lettuce leaf.
- Serve chilled immediately.
- If lettuce leaves are small, stack two leaves together before filling in the shrimp salad.
2. Kale And Broccoli Salmon Burgers
The wild Kale and Broccoli Salmon Burgers are super healthy and delicious. They are packed with veggies and lip-smacking flavors. The addition of kale and broccoli greens make this salmon burger unique and one of the most filling high protein low carb meals under 300 calories. A patty on the bed of leafy greens with a dash of lemon makes a pretty satisfying lunch.
- 1-15oz can wild salmon, drained
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or oatmeal or breadcrumbs)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup very finely chopped kale (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
- Drain salmon from the can and remove skin and bones of the wild salmon (this step is optional). Place the drained salmon in a large bowl.
- Add almond meal, eggs, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the salmon. Stir well to combine.
- Add in all the chopped vegetables. Make sure the veggies are finely chopped; else the burgers will fall apart. Mix well with your hands or a spatula.
- Form tightly-packed patties from this mixture. Place them on a plate lined with parchment or foil paper and refrigerate for around 30 minutes.
- Then heat a large skillet sprayed with olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the patties and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Enjoy the patties with a salsa dip or mint chutney!
- These burgers freeze well, so feel free to make a double batch of these scrumptious burgers. Isn’t this an added bonus!
3. Grilled Salmon Asparagus With Grated Egg
Salmon pairs perfectly with many veggies and spices. Salmon doesn’t have to be served only for dinners. A hearty, flavorful salmon breakfast can give you a good kick start. Salmon with asparagus and eggs drizzled with balsamic vinegar is so yum!
- 1 egg
- 1 pound salmon fillet (with skin on)
- 6 asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- Hard boil the egg over medium-high heat in a pot with boiling water. Peel the boiled egg and set aside.
- Grill the asparagus on a dry griddle, on medium-high heat. Chop them when cool and set aside.
- Take a small mixing bowl; add balsamic vinegar, half of the salt and olive oil well.
- In the same hot griddle, cook the cleaned and drained salmon with the skin side down. When half cooked, flip the side and cook till done. Sprinkle some salt.
- In a serving plate lay the fish, then distribute grilled asparagus on the fish and pour the dressing. Grate hard-boiled egg on top and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
4. Springtime Chicken Salad
If you’re looking for gluten-free recipes this one is the best to try. It falls under our list of best high protein low carb meals under 300 calories. The chicken salad is a delicious Turkish-inspired side dish featuring feta cheese and apricots.
For the salad:
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 heads lettuce, chopped
- 6 dried unsweetened apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- In a medium pot on medium-high heat, add the chicken to boiling water. Sprinkle with salt. Reduce to low heat and cover. Simmer for around 10 minutes until chicken is tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Take a medium bowl and mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add apricots, onion, tomato, lettuce, and almonds. Mix well.
- Pour over the dressing and stir until coated.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Hope you have like our high protein low carb meals under 300 calories.
Do try these easy meals under 300 calories and share with us your favorite recipes below.
A feminist by thoughts. She would love to have discussions about anything. Always ready to take up new challenges that comes her way. With a Masters degree in Commerce, she is into blogging and is thoroughly enjoying it. As a foodie, she would love to taste various foods. She loves to watch food and travel shows.