Going on a low carb diet doesn’t actually mean you need to make your stomach growling. Here are some of the really yummy and amazing low carb meals that you can get under 300 calories. Try out these amazing low carb recipes and begin your low carb diet.
High Protein Low Carb Meals Under 300 Calories
Check out some of the easy meals under 300 calories that you can try in no time.
1. Zesty Shrimp Lettuce Wrap
This is one of the best low carb low-calorie recipes.
- 3/4 pound (340 grams) cooked, peeled and deveined small or medium shrimp
- 1 large (70 grams) carrot, peeled and shaved with a vegetable peeler or grated
- 1 small (75 grams) yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) rinsed and drained no-salt-added canned black beans (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup (5 grams) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 to 24 large (180 to 360 grams) Boston or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
Combine all ingredients except lettuce in a medium bowl. (Mixture may be chilled until ready to serve.) Spoon 1/3 cup shrimp salad into each lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.
* If lettuce leaves are small, stack two together before filling.
You must try this low carb low fat recipes high protein.
2. Kale And Broccoli Salman Burgers
- 1-15oz can wild salmon, drained
- ½ cup almond meal (or old-fashioned oats or breadcrumbs)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup very finely chopped kale (stems removed)
- ½ cup very finely chopped broccoli florets
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Place drained salmon in a large bowl (I remove the skin and bones, but that’s optional).
- Add eggs, almond meal, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add in chopped veggies. Be sure they are chopped into tiny pieces because the burgers will fall apart if there are large chunks. Mix well (I used my hands).
- Form into 5 tightly-packed patties. Place on a plate lined with foil or parchment paper and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes.
- Once refrigerated, heat a large skillet sprayed with oil over medium heat. Once hot, add burgers. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until browned.
3. Springtime Chicken Salad
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 heads Boston lettuce, chopped
- 6 dried unsweetened apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup seeded and diced tomato
- 2 tbsp sliced unsalted almonds
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium pot on medium-high, add chicken and enough water to cover by 1 inch; add salt to water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. Drain water and set chicken aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Shred chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl; add lettuce, apricots, onion, tomato, and almonds.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and stir until well coated.
- Sprinkle with paprika. TIP: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate 1 serving as leftovers.
(If desired, set aside salad and dressing portion and toss before serving.)
4. Individual Egg & Spinach Bowls
This is one of the best low-calorie low carb recipes for dinner.
- 8 large egg whites, (recommend free-range)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup baby spinach, torn or chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, fat-free
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Lightly mist 4 (1/2 cup) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and evenly divide egg mixture into bowls.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes or until eggs puff and are almost set in the center. Serve hot.
5. Avocado Breakfast Pizzas
- 2 whole grain tortillas (6 inch diameter)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, warm tortillas in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado and lemon juice. Mix well until the mixture has a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread avocado mixture in an even layer on both tortillas. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet greased with the olive oil at medium heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Break eggs and gently add to the skillet. Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
- Place warm eggs on top of the tortillas and season with salt and pepper as desired.
6. Grilled Steak with Baby Arugula and Parmesan Salad
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) flat-iron steaks
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over steaks. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan. Add lemon halves, cut sides down, to pan; cook 3 minutes. Cut steaks across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chives, and next 4 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon salt), stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over arugula; toss to coat. Arrange 1 steak, 1 cup arugula, and 1 lemon half on each of 4 plates; top each salad with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Do try these easy meals under 300 calories.
A feminist by thoughts. She would love to have discussions about anything. Always ready to take up new challenges that comes her way. With a Masters degree in Commerce, she is into blogging and is thoroughly enjoying it. As a foodie, she would love to taste various foods. She loves to watch food and travel shows.