Are you bored having raw greens in your salad diet? Or are you up for a delicious green game in your kitchen? If the answer is yes, you have landed at the right place. Our health post today covers some quick and easy salad recipes that can be served directly on your table at mealtime! Healthy salad recipes for dinner may include greens, cheese, steak and veggies as they are hearty salads for keeping you fit and going.
What do you think your salad should be like?
Tasty and flavorsome
Packed with healthy greens
Dynamic and delicious dressing
All that needs to be said is that salads can be a lot more than just a bunch of greens chopped and mixed with chicken or steak. There are various ways one may experiment with salads. Today the trend is going vegan (plant-based diet) which is why people are trying newer recipes and ideas to make food tasty and healthy.
1. Chicken BBQ Salad
Salads made from chicken should be quite flavorsome to enjoy its delicacies. Chicken barbecue salad is a healthy, crispy and flavorful salad recipe that comes together very easily and quickly. Chicken lovers, this is going to be a definite hit with your family!
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless and thinly sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt (coarse salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper according to taste
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes (regular tomatoes can also be used)
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper according to taste. Cook the chicken in the frying pan, flipping once until soft and tender. It takes around 3-4 minutes per side.
- Allow it to cool and then dice them to bite-sized pieces.
- In a large salad bowl place a romaine lettuce and top it with the diced chicken, corns, beans, tomatoes, onions and shredded cheeses. Now pour some BBQ sauce and Ranch dressing over the salad and gently toss it to combine all ingredients.
- Top with crunchy tortilla chips and serve it immediately.
2. Shrimp Cobb With Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Shrimp Cobb salad with a punch of veggies is a great source of protein and vitamins. It has a yummy and tangy flavour that will win your heart over. This is perfect salad ideas for dinner date to impress your partner.
- 1 pound large shrimps, deveined and peeled
- 4 slices of coarsely chopped bacon
- 1 bunch watercress (remove thicker stems)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sliced avocado
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 hearts of thinly sliced romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp zest
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large size skillet over medium heat until browned (takes approx 8-10 minutes) and transfer it on to paper towels. Season the shrimp with pepper and salt according to taste. Remove excess oil from the skillet and cook seasoned shrimp in it (takes approx 3-4 minutes).
- Make a dressing out of zest, lime juice, cilantro and oil; season it with pepper and salt.
- Toss the greens with half the dressing and transfer into a plate. Layer with shrimp, bacon, eggs, avocado and tomatoes.
- Pour down remaining dressing and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
3. Avocado, Beetroot And Mushroom Salad
This is a delicious healthy-heart salad loaded with fibrous veggies, antioxidants and healthy unsaturated fats. This is healthy salad recipes for weight loss! This is a really awesome vegan recipe one should definitely try. No meat and no dairy products give you a healthy heart with less cholesterol.
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small finely chopped shallot
- 5 oz baby kale
- 8 oz precooked and chopped beets
- 2 thinly sliced, ripe avocados
- 2 sheets matzo, crushed into bite-size pieces
- Sprinkle salt on the mushroom caps and roast it in the oven until tender.
- Whisk lemon juice with olive oil, add salt and pepper according to taste, then add shallot and mix; toss half with beetroot and baby kale.
- Top this mixture with avocados, mushrooms, and matzo. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
4. Mexican Egg Salad
Looking for ways to include proteins in your diet? What can be better than eggs? Simple and easy egg salads can give you a nice breakfast treat. Enjoy the unique Mexican flavour of these healthy salad recipes for lunch too.
- 6 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- salad greens
- 1/3 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced pickle
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Take a large bowl and mix all the salad ingredients except salad greens and mayonnaise.
- Then add mayonnaise just enough to moisten the above mixture.
- Serve this delicious and flavorful egg mix on the greens.
- This makes salad for 4 servings.
- Enjoy the yummylicious eggie treat!
5. Creamy Corn Salad
Here’s a quick corn salad recipe if you are running out of ideas to make cold salads. Corn is a delicious snack loaded with sweet flavor and is perfect for a creamy salad recipe. Check out for the taste-bursting healthy salad recipes Indian below. Corn salads are listed under healthy vegetarian salad recipes and they are our favorites.
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 medium sized diced tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take a small bowl and mix all the ingredients of the salad in it.
- Season the mixture with the herb of your choice. You may try basil, oregano, cumin powder or any other herb. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad until its ready to serve.
- Delightful and creamy cold corn salad is ready.
Hope you all have enjoyed reading these wonderful healthy green salad recipes with us! We just can’t wait to hear which one of these delicacies becomes your new favorite!!
She is a pharmacist by education and working in the field of medical content development for more than 9 years. She has an excellent hold on medical content research and development and has produced valuable data for various pharmaceutical companies.