Craving for too much sugar lately? Being put on a gluten free sugar free diet is just not your cup of tea, we guess. If you’re a foodie and diabetic too, then it is more difficult to tackle your sweet tooth. Not anymore. All you have to do is search for some yummy Gluten Free Sugar Free Dessert Recipes to achieve a healthy meal challenge.
We at Health Upshot pick some best gluten free sugar free dessert recipes that you won’t even imagine to have been prepared without sugar.
The recipes are so rich and flavorsome that you won’t hold yourself back. From chewy banana cookies to delicious watermelon popsicles, all these recipes are an ideal way to satiate your sweet tooth while you are on a strict diet.
Let’s see some lip-smacking gluten free sugar free dessert recipes below:
Gluten Free Sugar Free Dessert Recipes
1. Chewy Banana Spice Cookies
Our first pick for gluten free sugar free dessert recipes is this chewy, soft and delicious banana cookie. These cookies are healthy to eat and easy to make. With gelatin as an egg substitute, they are perfect for autoimmune paleo diet. Bananas are a great source of energy and potassium and will keep you full for longer hours.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoon water or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon dry gelatin
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot flour
- Preheat the oven to 350o and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Take a bowl and whisk together mashed bananas, gelatin and water/maple syrup. Let this mixture sit for 5 minutes and then add the remaining ingredients. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough balls into flattened, 1/4 inch thick cookies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookies turn golden around the edges.
- Cool for around 30 minutes and remove cookies from parchment paper.
- Consume the cookies on same day or store them for a day in air-tight container.
2. Panna Cotta With Mango Gelee
It is a gluten free diabetic dessert inspired by Italian cuisine. This mango custard is served chilled after supper on a warm summer night. Honey is a natural sweetener that substitutes raw or refined sugar in this gluten free sugar free recipe. It adds sweetness to any dish without compromising on its taste.
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 container plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- lemon wedges optional
- In a small bowl mix 3 teaspoons of gelatin and 3 tablespoons of cold water until gelatin absorbs water and turns soft.
- Combine 1/2cup milk with 4 tablespoons honey and warm slightly. Remove from heat and add gelatin; whisk until melted. Cool slightly. Now whisk in the yogurt, vanilla and remaining milk.
- Pour this mixture equally into dessert glasses and allow it to set. Save half the quantity of this mixture for later use.
- Meanwhile repeat the process of making softened gelatin with remaining quantities of water and gelatin.
- Blend mangoes, lime juice, remaining honey and 1/4 cup water until smooth. Transfer this mix into a saucepan and warm. Remove from heat and add softened gelatin. Whisk until gelatin melts.
- Divide the mango mixture equally and pour on top of the yogurt-gelatin mixture in the glasses. Chill for around 45 min or till the mix sets nicely.
- Whisk the previously saved yogurt mix vigorously until smooth. Top it on the mango layer in each glass and chill until the final layer is set.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
3. Watermelon Coconut Popsicles
Are you looking for a refreshing festive treat this summer? Then you must definitely try these gluten free sugar free dessert recipes. These delicious watermelon popsicles are a must have. They are fun and so easy to make.
- 1 watermelon (1kg)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- Cut the watermelon in to wedge shaped pieces. Remove any visible watermelon seeds and pat the wedges dry on a paper towel.
- Line two trays with parchment paper. Insert popsicle sticks from the base of the watermelon wedges firmly.
- Freeze the wedges on parchment paper for an hour.
- Dip the watermelon wedges halfway into coconut yogurt. Freeze for another 20 minutes.
- Dip these wedges one more time into yogurt to form a thicker layer. Sprinkle with chopped mint, shredded coconut and pomegranate arils.
- Freeze until they set.
- Serve chilled.
4. Gluten Free Sugar Free Brownies
This gluten free sugar free dessert recipes of brownies are fudge-y and slightly cake-y. You just won’t stop munching this healthy treat. It contains bittersweet chocolate that helps in keeping your blood sugar levels in check. It has no milk so people intolerant to milk can also consume these delicious brownies.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to the 350o. Grease a glass baking pan with coconut oil and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil together for 30 second intervals. Stir after each interval. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and keep aside.
- Take a large bowl and add all dry ingredients; whisk to combine. Make a well in the middle and add beaten eggs, chocolate melt and vanilla extract. Stir well until the batter is smooth and glossy without lumps.
- Pour the batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely. Chill them in the fridge for an hour.
- Then cut into pieces and store in air-tight container.
- For a super clean cut, use a warmed knife. Do wipe the blade after every cut.
- You may also use a plastic knife to get clean-cut brownies.
Is your mouth watering already?
Hope you have enjoyed these delectable gluten free sugar free dessert recipes. Try them this festive season and impress your guests.
Do post in your favorite gluten free sugar free dessert recipes in the comment box below.