Last Updated on
Keto diets are gaining popularity amongst those who want to lose weight. It is a healthy fat-laden diet that makes you ditch the carbs to burn calories. Are you on the look-out for healthy keto recipes? Do you think there are no go-to keto recipes that you can try? Then you are wrong. You have never tried – The Crustless Quiche!
There is no struggling for breakfast inspiration anymore. Quiche recipes are easy to make, tasty, and versatile. You can throw it together with few pantry staples available in your kitchen. Quiches come with a crust, but that’s not a must. We have covered some exotic keto crustless quiche recipes for you to try your hands on.
All you need is some eggs, milk, cheese, veggies, and meat of your choice to enjoy a keto meal. There are different ways to lose weight, but isn’t this the perfect way. You get to eat more to burn fats. Just remember to skip those starchy, carb-dense foods.
Keto Breakfast Ideas
Try these delicious Keto Breakfast Ideas – Lip-Smacking and Healthy Crustless Quiche Recipes, to kick-start your mornings.
1. Delicious Crustless Quiche
Italian cuisine is a delight to every foodie. The crustless quiche recipe is so versatile and easy to make. You can make it with any kitchen ingredients you have around. You could use spinach, tomatoes, dried-tomatoes, cooked potatoes, leftover ham, bacon, artichokes, and everything you can name.
Crustless Quiche Base:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar cheese, mozzarella, Swiss cheese)
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup optional ingredients (read below)
You may choose a mix of your favorite optional ingredients or whichever are available in your pantry. Here are some ideas –
- chopped broccoli
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced onions or shallots or onion greens
- cubed ham or crumbled cooked bacon
- chopped spinach
- chopped asparagus
- cooked cubed broccoli
- cooked cubed potato
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste, combine well.
- Choose a mix of 1 cup of additional optional ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into a pie plate, and bake it uncovered for about 45 minutes or until the center is set properly.
- Voila; serve the quiche with muffins and smoothie to make a perfect keto breakfast.
2. Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
You can have as many crustless quiche combinations as you want. If you’re looking of a low-carb keto breakfast here is the recipe. Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche recipe is delicious, light and super easy quiche recipe. Add feta cheese and cherry tomato salad with vinegar dressing as a side dish to the quiche for a perfect gluten-free dinner meal. It’s a super combination for vegetarians (who eat eggs).
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a big pie dish with cooking oil, olive oil preferably.
- Steam the chopped broccoli florets in the microwave with 1 tablespoon of water. Cook until the florets turn tender, crisp and green but not mushy. It will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the cooked broccoli evenly in the dish and top it generously with the grated cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk heavy cream, eggs, pepper, nutmeg and salt. Pour this egg custard mixture into the pie plate and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the center is firmly set.
- Cut the crustless quiche into 6 wedges and serve hot.
3. Crustless Quiche Lorraine Recipe
Quiche Lorraine is originally a French dish made with eggs and bacon. You can have a crust to this recipe or go crustless; the choice is yours. This is one of the classic and easy recipes you can try making for breakfast. The Crustless Quiche Lorraine recipe is very fluffy, creamy delight full of eggs, bacon, and smoky Gruyere cheese.
Ditch the carbs with this low-carb keto breakfast recipe. It contains only 6 carbs for 1/4th of the dish!
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup grated smoky Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Chives or olives (optional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8″ oven-safe cast iron skillet and lay the bacon slices (cook only two pieces at a time). Cook over medium-high heat until the bacon turns crisp and slightly golden brown. Remove the bacon slices and crumble it. Set it aside.
- In the same skilled add diced onion and cook until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Take a large bowl, and whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, nutmeg, cayenne, salt, crumbled bacon, and onion-garlic mix.
- Grease the skillet and pour the mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the egg mixture has set well. Prick a toothpick in the center of the quiche to check if it’s done.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chives or olives if you like it that way.
- Bake time may vary depending on the pan you use.
- If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, you can use a wok or frying pan for cooking and regular pie plate to bake the crustless quiche.
Do you love the idea of crustless quiche for breakfast?
Yes? No? What’s your favorite kind of quiche?
Come on friends let’s set out for a cozy morning breakfast or brunch with these easy crustless quiche recipes. Add in some cinnamon buns, spiced muffins or mimosa with a green smoothie. Wow! Doesn’t that sound delicious?
Healthy Food + Keto Diet + Tasty & Easy Recipes = Healthy Keto Breakfast! Healthy Lifestyle!
She is pharmacist by education and working in field of medical content development for more than 8 years. She has execllent hold on medical content research and development and has produce valuable data for various pharmaceutical companies.