Today I am going to make you listen to your heart. How? By measuring its fitness on blood pressure monitor! Yes, this article is all about best blood pressure monitors available in the market on today’s date. This article is going to make you analyze on your old ones and help you find the best blood pressure monitor based on your needs.
So let’s get started with basics first.
Your heart is the powerhouse of your body, which keeps your circulatory system working. Our heart works constantly and unremittingly to pump blood to all other organs. These organs of the body need constant energy and oxygen to keep functioning smoothly.
The force generated by the flow of blood throughout your body is acknowledged as blood pressure. The instant after your heart beats, your (BP) blood pressure goes up. When your heart is relaxing, your blood pressure falls. This is the reason why you get two separate numbers each time you take a blood pressure measurement.
Specialists determine low blood pressure as readings lower than 90 mm Hg systolic or 60 mm Hg diastolic. A BP is high when blood pressure is higher than or equal to 130 mm Hg systolic or 80 mm Hg diastolic.
Most people track their BP at home worrying about hypertension. Hypertension doesn’t have any severe quick effects. Although it can indeed harm your body over a prolonged period.
According to the Mayo Clinic, 50% of the people do nothing about their high blood pressure. Hence, eventually, die of coronary heart disease and strokes. I must emphasise on a point that High BP causes most of these heart disease compared to Low BP.
There are various causes of high BP, varying from obesity to family history. Providentially, there are also many techniques to control High BP once you’ve recognised the problem. One the best way to protect and track your BP levels is to get in the practice of monitoring your blood pressure. It is best to do at home as it is accurate and you don’t have to take appointments. Monitoring these levels also lowers the risks of hypertension.
All kinds of BP monitors are obtainable via the internet and nearby stores. Ranging from digital smart blood pressure monitors to easy to use machines. Some of these monitors can estimate your blood pressure at your wrist. So here are our 10 best blood pressure monitors and their classifications. Based on these you can easily choose the best one which suits your needs.
- Best Blood Pressure Monitors (2020)
- Best Budget Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best User-Friendly Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best For Two Users Blood Pressure Monitor
- Fastest Blood Pressure Monitor
- Most Accurate Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best Valued Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best Sportswear A Blood Pressure Monitor For The Youth
- Buying Guide For Blood Pressure Monitors
- Price Ranges
Best Blood Pressure Monitors (2020)
As described earlier there are various blood pressure monitors available in the market. Below are the 10 best in their respective category.
- Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper offers excellent all-around value. It’s a mid-range device that’s more accurate than most blood pressure monitors at this price range. Other perks include its large, backlit display and Amazon Alexa compatibility.
- iProvèn Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor Watch is the best ones when it comes to budget buying. You can easily adjust in your budget and surprisingly find it super useful. It has the same features as the other blood pressure monitors.
- Omron’s 7 Series blood pressure monitor Arm Blood Pressure Monitor. Don’t like the idea of most blood pressure monitors make a harsh hissing noise? You may want to take a look at Omron’s 7 Series. It’s quiet to practice discreetly at work or in a public restroom.
- Greater Goods’ Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff Kit. Are you the person who is not “into” operating devices? Yes, then this is one for you. is designed to meet the needs of people who hate spending a lot of time learning how to use an electronic device. Once you turn it on, all you have to do wrap your arm in the cuff and press a button to get started.
- QardioArm Smart Blood Pressure Monitor. It can impress you if you are the one who likes to keep your all information handy on your smartphone. Also, it connects with Android and ios system as well.
- Vive Precision Blood Pressure Machines. Are you and your partner or a family member looking for a blood pressure monitor? Then this one is for you. This monitor gives you to let choose one more user in a single machine. Hence you do not have to buy 2 different blood pressure monitors.
- Care Touch Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor. It normally only takes a few minutes for a digital blood pressure monitor to do its job. Yet, that time starts to add up over the period. You will notice it, especially when you take multiple readings throughout the day. That’s where Care Touch’s Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor steals the show. It’s speedier than most other blood pressure monitors you’ll see, plus it looks great and is easy to use.
- Omron Evolv is particularly reliable. I say it so because it’s equipped with more sensors than most other digital blood pressure monitors. Its patented algorithm corrects for movements and body posture concerns. Body posture movements often create other devices to cause error messages.
- FITFORT Fitness Tracker with Blood Pressure HR Monitor is the best one if you are sports lovers. It sporty features make a favourite of a youth lover or a sports lover. It can trach your BP during 14 different sports activities. Someone with fluctuating bp levels can use this 24*7 to track.
- Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor by Veratrue. It is the cheapest and among all monitors, this is the best if you want to just want to merely track your BP records. This is useful if you are on the go as it’s operation works on batteries.
Further below I have classified them below into 9 categories. This will let you choose the BP monitor which suites your needs. Also, I have listed a buying guide for a good blood pressure monitor. Hence, keep reading to buy the best blood pressure monitor for you and/or your family.
Best Budget Blood Pressure Monitor
1. iProvèn Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor Watch
If you are looking for budget buying this blood pressure monitor is the one. It is the budgeted and most reliable among the other ones in the same price range. You can blindly buy this wrist BP device if your budget is making you squeeze in.
- This monitor is cheap and accurate compared to all other models in the same price range. Also, the ones below this price range are not much accurate.
- This Blood Pressure Wrist Monitor easily fits in your bag. It fits in your luggage without occupying much space making it perfect to take with you wherever you go.
- Its Automated Wrist Cuff model designed to give comfortable user-experience.
- The colour indicators are based on the American Heart Association. Which allow you to easily check and interpret your numbers.
- With the built-in memory function, this BP Machine allows you to recall the last 60 readings.
- There is no Bluetooth support to this device hence you cannot send your data to your doctor or on your computer
- The memory saves only your 60 readings. As the old readings get deleted without any notification.
Best Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
2. Omron’s 7 Series Blood Pressure Monitor
If you intend to check your blood pressure when you’re alone or with your family, you may not care. But, taking readings at work, while in a restaurant or in other public situations is another story. Omron’s 7 Series blood pressure monitor designing is for discreet use and store. Because it doesn’t make much noise when it inflates, you can use it almost anywhere just on your wrist.
- This device’s most novel feature is its extra quiet inflation motor.
- More convenient than most blood pressure monitors. It does squeeze your wrist a bit. But the pressure is not as powerful as BP monitors that take readings from the upper arm area.
- It guides you into an accurate position. A light activates after you’ve reached the body posture needed for optimal accuracy.
- This device detects abnormal heartbeats. It can recognise arrhythmia and other cardiovascular concerns that cause heartbeat variations.
- This monitor comes with a convenient storage case. Just fold up your device and pack it away when you’re not using it.
- It automatically averages your latest readings. Any measures you take 10 minutes after your first measurement is by default averaged.
- It has a five-year warranty. You can send it back to Omron and they’ll either repair or replace your device.
- No assistance for Bluetooth or Amazon Alexa. There’s no way to transfer your blood pressure data to an app or on your computer.
Best User-Friendly Blood Pressure Monitor
3. Greater Goods’ Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff Kit
This monitor main motive is to meet the requirements of non-tech-savvy people. These people eschew spending a lot of time mastering how to use an electronic device. Just turn it on, later all you have to do is strap your arm in the cuff and press a button to get started.
- The display is not only big and easy to read but also designed in a way that makes sense.
- You have to just click the large start/stop button when you’re ready to take a measurement.
- When you run out of batteries, you use the added A/C adapter instead.
- The device, A/C adapter and the cuff can be wrapped up in the handy storage bag.
- Date and time get detailed to each blood pressure reading. This information is useful for analyzing blood pressure fluctuations throughout the day.
- Besides measuring your blood pressure, this device is able to detect arrhythmia and other alike conditions.
- There’s no way to ship your results. If you want to use this device with a health app, you have to manually type or write down your results and enter them yourself.
Best Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor
4. Qardio Arm Smart Blood Pressure Monitor
This device prime feature is that it works wirelessly. You can have your BP measurements on your smartphone in a blink of an eye. This little device is perfect for the ones who need to share their data.
- It is compatible with your smartphone, tablet, Apple Watch, or Android Wear.
- The extra useful feature of this device is it’s triple measurement averaging.
- It also has special feature of reminders, just in case if you forget to take the reading.
- The capacity to share your results with friends and family or even your doctor via email.
- This device also allows you to compare your results against the World Health Organization blood pressure chart. Hence, you can easily interpret your results and observe your trends.
- It needs 4 AAA batteries which you need to keep watch for if they went out.
Best For Two Users Blood Pressure Monitor
5. Vive Precision Blood Pressure Machine
Do you like to share your BP monitor with a family member or friend? Then this device, which enables users to store measurements independently, is a perfect choice. While other monitors have a similar two-user ability, this device offers one of the largest storage capacities. With a one-button push-to-start interface, this device is simple to use. The wide, bright backlight LDC screen allows you to view all your readings easily and clearly.
- Has a large display and easy to read format. This helps someone with vision issues.
- You can switch from one user to another in a single switch. No complex commands ae t a carried.
- It has one of the highest storage capacity. with the capacity to record up to 500 measurements including date and time.
- The only downside of this monitor is that it doesn’t come with a charger. You can buy one individually, which is recommended as it does need to be charged very quickly.
Fastest Blood Pressure Monitor
6. Care Touch Digital Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff
It is both fast and easy to use. The colour-coded bar indicates where you stand, which is especially convenient for beginners. Another excellent thing about this device is its display, which is large for a wrist style digital BP monitor.
- It has a whopping 60-second response time! Usually, blood pressure monitors require several minutes for calculation, but this one will give your results in a minute or less.
- Even though this is a comparatively small-sized BP monitor, the screen is easy to read.
- This coloured bar lets you know if your blood pressure is within reasonable limits.
- Check for signs of a leaky valve and other problems that cause cardiovascular irregularities.
- Measuring just 2.9 inches long and 2.6 inches across, this device is easy to take with you almost anywhere.
- The included cuff can be customised to accommodate wrists as small as 5.5 inches around or as large as 8.5 inches around.
- Batteries are your only choice for powering this device. There’s no way to plug it into an A/C adapter.
Most Accurate Blood Pressure Monitor
7. Omron Evolv
This device has added sensors and patented algorithm. This makes it more accurate compared to the other BP monitors listed in this article. Most digital BP devices neede you to sit in a particular way, but that isn’t the case with Omron Evolv. You can not only place yourself however you like but also let your sleeve rolled down.
- Your body position doesn’t matter all you have to do is sit still and relax.
- Works with Amazon Alexa, you can ask it questions about your heart fitness once you link it to this device.
- Omron’s free app lets you upload your health info from your device. Hence you can look for patterns and forward your information to your doctor.
- The added sensors and Omron’s patented algorithm add to this device’s efficiency.
- This device has a slenderer form compared to most other upper arm style blood pressure monitors.
- Unlike other devices, Omron Evolve to let you Set up as many profiles as you like.
- It Remains accurate when used over short sleeves due to its sensitive sensors.
- The inflation motor is slightly noisy and may attract attention in public areas.
Best Valued Blood Pressure Monitor
8. Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
It merges a range of high-end features with an affordable price tag. It averages your results when you take your blood pressure three times in a row. If you’re trying to use exercise or medicine to bring your blood pressure down, Omron’s free app will assist you to chart your progress.
- Most doctors tell taking several blood pressure readings in a row when measuring at home. This device does this automatically.
- The switch that’s located on the front of the device lets you switch between two different profiles.
- You can download an infinite number of readings to Omron’s health app. The device has the capacity to hold up to 200 readings.
- The illuminated display makes this device more comfortable to read and use, particularly in low light conditions.
- It connects to Alexa as well.
- This has 2 power inputs. One from the battery and another AC input.
- The quality of material and technology is high.
- Lacks an irregular heartbeat indicator feature.
Best Sportswear A Blood Pressure Monitor For The Youth
9. FITFORT Fitness Tracker With Blood Pressure HR Monitor
This blood pressure monitor is more like sportswear. You can wear it underwater as well. It can track up to 14 sports. It measures blood pressure by adopting innovative Matter Sensing & Control Technology.
- Measure blood pressure by adopting innovative Matter Sensing & Control Technology.
- It tracks up to 14 exercises such as running, riding, basketball, tennis, yoga and dance.
- This Waterproof Fitness Tracker actually tracks running or jogging. It provides with accurate metrics about time, distance, calories burned and more.
- This Fitness wristband is an electronic finger on the pulse. It helps in measuring your vitals, heart pressure, heart rate, quality of sleep and step count.
- This device has a colour LCD display with 5 different levels of brightness.
- Comes with a built-in USB plug which needs to charge only 1 to 2 hours and will last you around a week.
- It connects with your phone and sends notifications on the device.
- It is more like a smartwatch which ids focused n health.
- You can wear it where you cannot use your wrist BP device such as meetings or sports activities or even to a party.
Buying Guide For Blood Pressure Monitors
Of course, the most significant thing you want from a blood pressure device is reliable readings. It’s also essential that the results are simple for you to read. Those with big digital displays may be most helpful. Particularly if you have difficulty in seeing.
Comfort vs. Accuracy
This should be one of the top things you should consider about before purchasing a blood pressure monitor. Ordinarily speaking, the more comfortable a blood pressure monitor is, the less accurate it becomes. Blood pressure monitors that measure from the wrist are more hospitable. Smaller and more convenient but can be inexact if you don’t use them accurately.
Digital vs. Analogue
The main advantage of manual blood pressure monitors is that they don’t need an external power source. As they don’t have any electronic parts, they tend to last longer and are helpful in emergency situations. Nevertheless, if you have bad vision, they can be tricky to use. People with arthritis may struggle to practice a manual blood pressure monitor’s hand pump
Sharing Of The Blood Pressure Device
Are you and your spouse are both involved in keeping track of blood pressure? Then you may want to reconsider buying a digital blood pressure monitor. This device can save readings for two different people.
Portability and Storage
How much area do you have to store your device? If your answer is “not much,” you may want to go with a wrist blood pressure monitor. These tend to be much smaller in size. The blood pressure monitors that are intended to take measurements from the upper arm area are comparatively bigger in size.
Some monitors solely take your blood pressure. While others also track your heart rate and other health statistics. Some models save many readings. Hence you can follow how your blood pressure decreases and increases. Some allow you to share your results with family or medical specialists electronically. How advanced you should go depends upon you. It will depend on how satisfied you are with technology as well as your personal health needs.
If you lift weights or just happen to have big arms, you may require an extra-large blood pressure monitor cuff. Measure your arms with measuring tape before you purchase. If your arm is more than 16 inches around, you plausibly won’t be able to fit into a regular size blood pressure cuff. The key is to read the details of the device you are willing to purchase. Some Bood pressure monitors offer an XL cuff size if you ask them.
Ease of use
Electronic blood pressure monitors are straightforward to use compared to manual ones. All you have to do is press a button, and the machine takes care of the next procedures. If you’ve never examined your blood pressure earlier, you may want to get a device that has a colour-coded sign on the interface. This feature is helpful for learning how to interpret your outcomes.
Wrist blood pressure monitors tend to be the most inexpensive. You can get a good basic one for which can easily fit in your routine budget. Manual blood pressure monitors also come within this price range, around 30$.
Go for mid-range if you want more accurate readings. You may want to reconsider investing in a more fine-tuned electronic blood pressure device. These will cost you around $40.
The most costly type of blood pressure monitors is equipped with exclusive features. These features are like extra sensors and less bulky. Prices start at about $60.
With is flourishing technology you have hundreds of ways to take care of your body and BP monitor is one device from many others. Buying a blood pressure monitor is definitely not an easy job. Yet this article has narrowed your results to 10 best blood pressure monitors available in the market.
I am sure this article will let you choose the one monitor which suites your needs. Still, if you think you came across a better blood pressure monitor which we have not mentioned, feel free to comment.
Also, let us know if you found this article helpful in the comments section.